Hotels Concierge and Porters
Part of our Hotel Collection of courses, this learning activity focuses on the key skills and tasks of the concierge and porter role.
A hotel porter will be the person who will be available in and around the reception and main entrance of a hotel to support the guests. Concierges are mainly found working from the concierge desk located in the hotel reception area rather than working on the floor.
In this activity users will learn more about the roles of both the concierge and porters in ensuring smooth operations and promoting excellent guest service.
Suitable for team members who are new to or recently started working in a hotel environment to understand the key tasks and skills of concierge and porter teams or for an individual seeking a career in hotels.
You will be able to...
- List the key activities of the concierge / porter teams
- Explain the key objectives of the concierge / porter department
- Explain the key skills and attributes to work in concierge / porter teams
- Complete basic key tasks in concierge / porter teams
- Be confident approaching key technologies used in concierge / porter departments
Duration: 20 minutes
Valid: Up to 1 year after purchase.
Assessment: At the end of the course users will be tested through an assessment consisting of 5 questions. They must answer 80% of the questions correctly to pass and receive a certificate.
Endorsement: Institute of hospitality
Want to find out more about our Hotel Collection?
If you’d like to find out more about our Hotel Collection or our learning & development tools get in touch today.