COSHH in a Food Environment
£7.50 + VAT (Limited time only)
According to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) the failure to recognise Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) risks and implement the necessary control measures makes thousands of workers in the UK ill every year and costs the industry many millions of pounds. This course will help food handlers to recognise and manage the risks resulting from handling hazardous substances.
You will be able to...
- Define COSHH and explain why it is important
- State the legal obligation placed on the employer and employee
- Identify what falls under COSHH and what falls outside the scope of COSHH
- Outline the principles of COSHH risk assessment and control measures
- Explain the importance of using approved chemicals and how to use them safely
Duration: 40 minutes.
Valid: Up to 1 year after purchase.
Assessment: Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 20 questions. 70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass and receive a certificate.
Endorsement: Institute of Hospitality
Accreditation: CPD awarding body.