Age Verification Retail
The Licensing Act 2003 requires that all licensed premises have an age verification policy in relation to the sale and supply of alcohol. This online course looks at all aspects surrounding age verification for alcohol and other age-restricted purchases in a retail setting, how to manage asking customers for identification and the various forms of acceptable ID. This will help safeguard the license and the individuals serving in the premises from prosecution.
This course has all the learning required to ensure your teams understand the licensing objectives, how to confidently apply them and deal with any arising conflicts.
Suitable for all team members who are responsible for the sale of alcohol and other age-restricted products, this course is specifically tailored for the retail sector and will help keep your operation compliant.
You will be able to...
- Understand their role to not compromise the licensing objectives that may lead to a premise license review
- Apply ‘Challenge 25’ when deciding to ask for the identification of age
- Ask customers for identification of age with confidence
- Sell age-restricted products to people who present an ID with a PASS hologram, which they previously may have thought was a form of fake ID
- Deal with a number of conflict situations, should they arise
Valid: Up to 1 year after purchase.
Duration: 30 minutes
Assessment: There are quiz pages in the activity. The activity concludes with an end assessment consisting of 10 questions. The pass percentage for this is 80%. Users will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the end assessment.